Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Some days....

I just can't handle the results of the choices I make. Today started off wonderfully and the further into the day it got, the further I wanted to bury my head in the sand. Everything started careening down hill at about noon at work. Then I got home and Gracie actually jumped up onto the workbench in my garage to eat cat food. She'll be sleeping outside tonight to deposit any of her stomach contents any where but my kitchen floor. The icing on the cake was when my horses decided they wanted to become Alpo kibble. I gave them the opportunity to run into the barn loose again. I'm a glutton for punishment. I've told myself a million times, atleast, never to let Dutch run loose again. He made it probably close to a mile down the road (almost to the rifle range), Gunny following the WHOLE time. Gunny I managed to catch, and Dutch ran circles around me the whole time I walked his little brother back to the barn. A less than knowledgeable, but trying to be helpful PMO car(police) followed my escaping horses and turned his reds and blues on. I screamed at him until he rolled his window down and I then asked him to turn the lights off. Duh-huh. I don't ever want to feed them again. I was livid. Dutch's a$$ is going in the round pen tomorrow...
I came home from the barn and just lost it. I squeezed my little man until he bopped me in the nose in protest. I don't know how I ever lived this life without him.

Flirting with his momma after an afternoon snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment